Articol de: Elena Badea, Managing Partner, Valoria Business Solutions
Although focusing on the customer is not a new concept, it has become more and more relevant. Customer focus is a strategy that aligns the development and delivery of the company’s products around consumer needs. In the context of digital business transformation, and digital marketing, understanding and shaping the customer experience brings many benefits that increase the value of the company.
Why is customer focus important?
To understand why customer focus brings so many benefits, we need to establish why customer satisfaction is so important to a business. Here are some arguments:
- loyal customers are worth values up to 10 times higher than one-time buyers;
- it is 6-7 times more expensive to get a new client than retain one you already have;
- 7 out of 10 Romanians say they would try a new brand or new company for a better experience;
- 62% of global consumers and 73% of Romanians stopped buying from a brand or organization because of a poor customer service experience;
- when it comes to sales, the probability of selling to an existing customer is up to 14 times higher than the probability of selling to a new customer.
5 steps to make the company more focused on the customer
- Listen to the voice of the customer – This stage involves understanding the critical characteristics and customer needs, beyond the basic expectations expressed in relation to a product or service. What is the way the customer defines and prioritizes the needs and expectations of a product / service? Do a research on the level of satisfaction of your customers have with your product/service and find out how much your company’s Net Promoter Score is.
- Engage the customer in finding the solution – It’s the stage where you need to find ways to engage the customers in designing the experience, service / product, or interaction environment with your company by consulting them.